Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wedding Joy Fold Card

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for the lack of blogging lately. Life is just kind of busy with school, work, weddings, and other events to attend. Speaking of which, I took Robyn's challenge to "make something cute" made a really cute card the other night for one of my friends from Nursing school who is getting married Saturday! This was my first attempt at making a Joy Fold card, love how it turned out! Ok I will admit, I always love how it turns out!!


For those of you not familiar with the Joy Fold card, the little heart in the corner keeps the card closed.


This is what the card looks like when it's not slid under the heart. The orange part is what actually opens instead of the normal base! So fun!


All opened up! Don't you just love this fold?!?!  Ok, here are the instructions:
1 piece of cardstock cut at 4 1/4" x 8 1/2"--score at 5 1/2"
1 piece of cardstock cut at 3" x 8"-- score at 4"
I make all of my layers 1/4" smaller.
So you open the left part of the base (there's like a half flap), Then you center the 3x8 peice of folded cardstock and glue it down! Super super simple!!!
The scallop design on the front was cut from Lacy Labels at 2 1/2"
The heart that keeps it closed was cut from Sweethearts at 1 1/4"

This is such a fun and easy card to make. I always love doing something different that the traditional folds!
Hope you like it!

~Sara Kate~

No comments:

Post a Comment