Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gatefold Card

Hello Everyone!

The other night I decided I was just sick of making plain old cards and decided to do something different, something that I've never done before! Although I'm sure alot of you have made them, gatefold cards were new to me, love them!! I have a few more card styles spinning in my head now as well!  Ok, no more waiting, here is the cute little gatefold card I made!

First I made my card base. I took the standard 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" (8 1/2 x 11 cut in half) piece of cardstock scored and folded each side in at 2 1/8" to create my gatefold card base.

Then I added a background layer. I got this green plaid from a Martha Stewart stack.

I went ahead and did the same thing to the inside of the sides and put a solid white piece in the center of the card where I can write my note to the person who will receive this card.

I decided that I wanted to put an Owl on the front of the card. I have never used ANY of my owl cricut images, so I thought I would just make this card completely out of things I have never done before. So I laid out all the pieces of my owl (from Create a Critter) on my Gypsy so I knew exactly what I needed. I LOVE my Gypsy!! Here is what it looked like on my Gypsy mat.

Love how I know exactly where to lay out my paper and know where things will cut!!!  Honestly, if you are thinking about getting a gyspsy but youre just not quite sure (like I was), DO IT!!!!  It rocks!!

Here is a picture of the final product. I decided not to add a sentiment at this time. I'm hoping to get some cute "pun" stamps, and I'm not sure what I will use this card for yet, so I decided to leave it blank until I find either a use for it, or a good sentiment stamp!!

Have a fabulous day!!
.:Sara Kate:.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, saw your pic on clipncuts blog and thought I would pop in..What a fab blog you have and I love the gatefold card with the cutest owl. And the tutorial is terrific too :)Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this Sarah Kate, the fresh colours, the owl cut, just everything about it,
    big hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha,
    Love this Owl. Too cute. Love your work.
    check out my blog, and if you enjoy it become a friend.
    http://dawnicakorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all of your sweet comments. I love how this card turned out! Dawnica I'm heading to check out your blog now!!
    Sara Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute cards!! Congrats on your wedding!

    ReplyDelete